Interesting Facts about Selling Online
- Eighty-one percent of shoppers research their product online before purchasing.
- Sixty percent begin their search for their products using a search engine.
- 61 percent will read product reviews before making any purchase.
- On average, an online shopper will visit 3 websites before making their purchase.
- Retail Sales from shopping online predicted to grow to $370 billion in 2017.
- 71% of online shoppers believe that will get better value than shopping in the high street.
- Visitors are more likely to abandon their shopping cart if free shipping is not offered.
- Shoppers aged 18 to 34, spend more money online than other age groups.
- 95% percent of tablet users and 72 percent of smartphone users who make a purchase do so at home.